Senior Environmental Engineer
Sperling Hansen Associates (SHA), located in North Vancouver, British Columbia, is a highly specialized environmental engineering consultancy (13 Staff) that excels in landfill design and other solid waste related work. Since the company was formed in 1995, our team has consistently produced creative and high quality designs for our valued municipal, regional and private sector clients. Our work encompasses a broad range of disciplines including civil, geotechnical, environmental and chemical engineering.
Because it is a small firm, at SHA you will have a tremendous opportunity to become involved in a wide range of challenging engineering assignments, with opportunities to travel to project sites across B.C. You will join a high energy team that is focused on quality and innovative engineering solutions that provide value to our clients while thoroughly protecting the environment. With an emphasis on a balanced lifestyle our hours are flexible. Extra hours can be banked for time off or reimbursed. Our attractive open office is located on the door step of Inter-River-Park next to Lynn Creek and a network of trails that access Mount Seymour and Grouse Mountain.
To meet the expanding demand for services, SHA has an immediate opening for a talented and motivated engineer with a degree in civil, geotechnical or environmental engineering and specific experience in landfill design and/or civil earthworks. Preference will be given to candidates that have experience with landfill gas control and greenhouse gas emissions analysis relating to solid waste management. As a project manager and design team leader you must have excellent communication and writing skills, and an ability to manage multi-disciplinary teams toward a common objective.
The responsibilities include:
· Managing landfill engineering projects (e.g. closure designs, leachate collection and treatment system designs, landfill gas collection system design, design and operations plans, tender packages, feasibility studies relating to GHG mitigation and solid waste management etc.)
· Preparing contract specifications and supervising construction projects
· Report writing and presentations to clients
· Providing engineering input, guidance and review to project designs and reports managed by other SHA staff as required;
· Supervision of staff undertaking field investigations, including drilling, soil and water sampling;
· Training junior engineering staff on the job;
· Overseeing operations, ensuring that all projects at SHA are completed by staff on budget and on schedule;
· Assisting the President in marketing SHA’s services;
· Participating in teaching assignments with SWANA and in-house courses;
Although the candidate will be based in SHA’s North Vancouver office, the position will provide an opportunity to travel to many beautiful locations in British Columbia and further afield. In the past year SHA has worked on projects in Fernie, Victoria, Prince Rupert, Queen Charlotte Islands, Yellowknife – NWT, even the U.S. Virgin Islands, amongst many others. Typically, assignments will be only a few days out of town at any time; however, opportunities may arise that require the candidate to be away from home for longer periods of time.
Base salary commensurate with qualifications and experience and in addition to this SHA rewards exemplary efforts of staff with an annual bonus based on individual merit and company performance. We also provide an attractive benefits package and a friendly, low key work environment.
|Copyright © 2011 Sperling Hansen Associates.|